STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 152: “Mental Health: Are You Struggling?" w/Kyle Anderson
We are proud to be celebrating The Impact Farming Show's 4th Anniversary. To celebrate, we are counting down and rebroadcasting the TOP 5 episodes from season 4.
This week we are excited to bring you our 3rd highest listened to and watched episode titled “Mental Health: Are You Struggling?"
Originally aired on November 3, 2021 - Mental health, unfortunately, is an illness that is so widespread and so misunderstood by many and it affects millions of people every day.
What is mental health defined as?
According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make healthy choices. 1 Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Tune into this episode and remember to share it with your friends and family.
In this week’s episode, Tracy speaks with Kyle Anderson from Bridges Health in this episode titled “Mental Health: Are You Struggling?”
In this episode, Kyle and Tracy chat about:
- They discuss why it’s extra important to have mental health on the radar when going through challenging times in life or on the farm.
- They share information on how to spot the signs in yourself.
- They discuss how you can start to spot the signs that people you know may be struggling.
- Do you know how to support within your means? Kyle shares more.
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
- Canada Crisis Hotline- 1 (888) 353-2273
- Text Line- 686868
- Suicide Prevention Hotline- 833-456-4566
- Do More Agriculture Foundation- https://www.domore.ag/
- Farm Credit Canada- https://www.fcc-fac.ca/en/community/wellness.html
- Farm Stress Inventory- https://www.casa-acsa.ca/en/safetyshop-library/farm-stress-inventory/
Thank You To Our Show Sponsor
Here at The Impact Farming Show, our goal is to bring our audience the people and ideas that will IMPACT their farming operation. We couldn't do it without the continued support of our sponsors that are committed to supporting our show and our shared vision of helping farmers succeed.
Please take a moment to check out this week's show sponsor: The Pioneer® Made To Grow™ Podcast
Get leading agronomic tips and advice to help overcome today’s toughest farming challenges. Hear from trusted industry voices with unique perspectives on the hottest topics in Canadian agriculture.
Each episode, host Andrew Campbell chats with leading experts about the latest Ag innovations, industry news, best practices, tips, tricks and more.
Learn more HERE.
Kyle's education background includes a Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology and a Master's degree in Mental Health Counselling. By learning about the significant link between physical and mental wellness, Kyle utilizes a holistic approach towards overall health. Kyle's professional experiences include providing individual and group counselling, working in the fields of substance use, eating disorders, crisis intervention, and mood and anxiety disorders. Working with Bridges Health has allowed Kyle to facilitate workshops with organizations and communities to increase awareness and knowledge surrounding mental health and wellness.
Connect with Kyle Anderson - Website
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.