STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 133: “Building The Next Generation of Farm Leaders” w/Kelly Dobson
In this week’s episode we are speaking with Kelly Dobson about “Building The Next Generation of Farm Leaders.”
In this episode, Tracy and Kelly chat about:
- The idea of having a more deliberate and intentional way of mentoring and bringing the next generation into or back to the farming operation
- Kelly shares what the most successful farms are doing to onboard the next generation.
- He outlines some of the most critical errors that are made when onboarding the next generation.
- Unsure where to start? Kelly graciously shares some tips on where farm families can start.
Whether you are a farm founder or the next generation, we trust that you will find valuable information in this episode.
***Don't forget to sign up as an Impact Farming Insider so that you are first to know about all-new episodes, fantastic contests, and new promotions https://www.farmmarketer.com/impact_farming_show/sign-up
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Thank You To Our Show Sponsor
Here at The Impact Farming Show, our goal is to bring our audience the people and ideas that will IMPACT their farming operation. We couldn't do it without the continued support of our sponsors that are committed to supporting our show and our shared vision of helping farmers succeed.
Please take a moment to check out this week's show sponsor: PIONEER
Get leading agronomic tips and advice to help overcome today’s toughest farming challenges. Hear from trusted industry voices with unique perspectives on the hottest topics in Canadian agriculture.
The newest podcast for Canadian farmers
Each episode, host Andrew Campbell chats with leading experts about the latest Ag innovations, industry news, best practices, tips, tricks and more. Coming Soon!
Learn more HERE.
Chief Leadership Officer - LeaderShift Inc.
Kelly Dobson is the chief leadership officer of LeaderShift Inc., powering the National Farm Leadership Program initiated by Farm Management Canada for farmers and farm advisors in January 2020. He has a life long interest in teams and how effective leadership can create results greater than the sum of individual efforts. Striving to create that leadership dynamic is what excites Kelly to do this work.
Kelly is also the current leader of a four-generation farm at Fairfax, Manitoba. His two-plus decades of tenure has given him direct experience with family business dynamics and managing through cyclical markets. Kelly has also chaired agricultural groups provincially and federally.
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.