STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 127: “When Conflict Happens” w/Gerry Friesen
In this week’s episode, Tracy speaks to Gerry Friesen about “When Conflict Happens”.
Conflicts and misunderstandings often exist in families and can be the family businesses’ greatest enemy if not handled correctly. Managing conflict is key to the survival of the business and family harmony.
In this episode, Tracy and Gerry speak about:
- What conflict is and how not all conflict is actually bad. Conflict can be healthy.
- Gerry shares the five main conflict management styles that humans have. We are all different, and we all handle conflict differently.
- They talk about perspective and how critical a role it plays in healing, and most importantly, in moving beyond conflict to resolution.
- Gerry and Tracy dive into generational differences and chat about how this is often a pain point in many farm family operations. Each generation thinks, acts, and communicates differently. These individuals are also in different stages of their farming careers and often have different farming goals and ambitions.
- Did you know that communication is more than just the words you speak? Gerry reminds us of how verbal, tone, and body language play a role in our conversations.
- They discuss how important communication is in the health of a farm family business before, during, and after the farm transition.
- So, where do you start? They chat about that too. Don’t miss Gerry’s great suggestions that he shares throughout the episode.
If you farm with family, this is a great episode that you don’t want to miss.
Don't forget to sign up as an Impact Farming Insider so that you are first to know about all-new episodes, fantastic contests, and new promotions https://www.farmmarketer.com/impact_farming_show/sign-up
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Thank You To Our Show Sponsor
Here at The Impact Farming Show, our goal is to bring our audience the people and ideas that will IMPACT their farming operation. We couldn't do it without the continued support of our sponsors that are committed to supporting our show and our shared vision of helping farmers succeed.
Please take a moment to check out this week's show sponsor: PIONEER
Get leading agronomic tips and advice to help overcome today’s toughest farming challenges. Hear from trusted industry voices with unique perspectives on the hottest topics in Canadian agriculture.
The newest podcast for Canadian farmers
Each episode, host Andrew Campbell chats with leading experts about the latest Ag innovations, industry news, best practices, tips, tricks and more. Coming Soon!
Learn more HERE.
Stress & Conflict Management Specialist
The Recovering Farmer
Gerry comes from a diverse background of experience, learning, and discovery. It would appear that he has never found his niche in life and loves talking about it. Never short on humor, because after all humor can be a cover-up for much deeper issues, Gerry is bound to share the stories, the experiences, the ups and downs of his life through stories, stories all of you will relate too. As a listener, the one thing you can be assured of is that you will find an applicable life lesson through what you hear. Lessons that will help you in bringing back a semblance of sanity to the crazy world we live in.
Connect with Gerry Friesen - Twitter / Linkedin / Website
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.