STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 126: “How To Transition Plan" w/Brent VanParys
In this week’s episode, Tracy speaks to Brent VanParys about “How To Transition Plan”.
As farmers, we all know that we should have a transition plan in place; however, once we move past our fears and concerns for the majority, it’s still unclear how to proceed.
So, how exactly does a farm family start, create, and implement a transition plan? If you have ever asked this question and found yourself wondering about the answer, this episode is for you.
In this episode, Tracy and Brent chat about:
- The challenges families face when doing transition planning and Brent shares some of the biggest stumbling blocks that farm families face.
- Brent walks us through the process step by step, including how and where to find an advisor and the significant role that a qualified advisor plays.
- Where do you start? What are the different “stages” of planning? Brent spends the perfect amount of time walking our audience through each and every phase of transition planning.
- Then they chat about the good stuff. What comes out of this entire transition planning. They speak about results and implementation.
- Brent shares some impactful words of wisdom with farm families about transition planning.
By the end of this episode, you will understand what transition planning is, how you get started, and how exactly a farm family begins on the transition planning journey.
Don't forget to sign up as an Impact Farming Insider so that you are first to know about all-new episodes, fantastic contests, and new promotions https://www.farmmarketer.com/impact_farming_show/sign-up
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Thank You To Our Show Sponsor
Here at The Impact Farming Show, our goal is to bring our audience the people and ideas that will IMPACT their farming operation. We couldn't do it without the continued support of our sponsors that are committed to supporting our show and our shared vision of helping farmers succeed.
Please take a moment to check out this week's show sponsor: PIONEER
Get leading agronomic tips and advice to help overcome today’s toughest farming challenges. Hear from trusted industry voices with unique perspectives on the hottest topics in Canadian agriculture.
The newest podcast for Canadian farmers
Each episode, host Andrew Campbell chats with leading experts about the latest Ag innovations, industry news, best practices, tips, tricks and more. Coming Soon!
Learn more HERE.
Partner and Facilitator BDO Business Transition Services
Brent facilitates business-planning engagements with owners and management teams in a variety of industries including manufacturing, transportation, and agriculture. His collaborative method combines the expertise of management with his business knowledge to produce a clear, actionable plan to help drive the business.
An accomplished speaker, Brent presents on topics of interest to private businesses at workshops and conferences. Brent is also an experienced moderator and he has presided over candidate debates at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels. He is currently Chair of the Woodstock General Hospital Board of Trust and frequently uses his skills and experience to serve his community.
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.