STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 111: “Till Debt Do We Part” w/Terry Betker
In this week’s episode, we chat with Terry Betker about farm debt in this episode aptly titled “Till Debt Do We Part.”
Terry is the President and CEO of Backswath Management Inc., based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Terry is recognized for his visionary and leading-edge contribution to farm management, and we are thrilled to have Terry join us on the show once again.
In this episode, Tracy and Terry chat about:
- The golden question…is debt bad?
- Is there such as thing as bad debt?
- How much debt is too much debt?
- They chat about interest rates, the effect interest has on the farm, and they discuss the lending strategies of fixed versus floating interest rate.
- Terry also shares that due to the nature of farm transition, debt and financial management, often becomes increasingly important during the farm transition planning process.
- Terry shares some critical information about how to manage debt.
Wait, before you go. Have you subscribed to the show? Impact Farming Insiders are first to know about new episodes and are automatically entered in all show contests and promotions.
Sign up now
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Thank You To Our Show Sponsor
Here at The Impact Farming Show, our goal is to bring our audience the people and ideas that will IMPACT their farming operation. We couldn't do it without the continued support of our sponsors that are committed to supporting our show and our shared vision of helping farmers succeed.
Please take a moment to check out this week's show sponsor:
Farmers Business Network ®: Pursue Your Prosperity.™
Farmers Business Network ® is a global Agtech company focused on helping family farmers maximize their farm’s profit potential. is a global Agtech company focused on helping family farmers maximize their farm’s profit potential. Our game-changing platform leverages technology to help you reduce your cost of production, maximize the value of your crops and make confident decisions to improve your bottom line - all in one place.
Learn more HERE.
President & CEO of Backswath Management Inc.
Terry is President and CEO of Backswath Management Inc., a company that provides business management expertise to farm families across Canada on strategic and business planning, transition planning, financial analysis, benchmarking and human resource management.
Terry has delivered presentations on farm business management throughout Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Chile, New Zealand, Poland, Tasmania and the Netherlands. He teaches at the University of Manitoba. Terry is a professional agrologist, a certified agricultural consultant and a certified management consultant. He is the 2015 recipient of Farm Management Canada’s Wilson Loree award, recognizing his contribution to developing and promoting new and positive change in agricultural business management practices and expertise in Canada.
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.