STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 142: "Dealing With Farm Stress" w/Gerry Friesen
In this episode, we chat with Gerry Friesen about “Dealing With Farm Stress.”
Farm stress is very real, especially in 2021, but did you know that ongoing stress dramatically affects our ability to make decisions and manage our farming operations?
It’s true, and on this episode, Gerry and Tracy chat about:
- The challenging year that farmers are experiencing, and how this, on top of several hard years and pandemic concerns is causing a lot of stress and mental health concerns on farming operations.
- Gerry shares the University of Guelph mental Mental Health Survey from 2016. Its findings are alarming. Gerry touches on each of the key stats and shares how.
- Gerry lists ways that stress affects our decision-making and the behaviors that often arise from the stress.
- They dive into tips on how to help our audience better cope during stressful times.
- Is your farm facing financial challenges due to challenging farming conditions? If so, you are not alone. Many farmers are in a tough position right now.
- In a very candid conversation, they discuss “what happens when it all goes south?” Where and to whom can farmers turn for mental health support and professional and business advice.
- Gerry provides numerous resources on where to turn in you are stuck.
***Don't forget to sign up as an Impact Farming Insider so that you are first to know about all-new episodes, fantastic contests, and new promotions https://www.farmmarketer.com/impact_farming_show/sign-up
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Here at The Impact Farming Show, our goal is to bring our audience the people and ideas that will IMPACT their farming operation. We couldn't do it without the continued support of our sponsors that are committed to supporting our show and our shared vision of helping farmers succeed.
Please take a moment to check out this week's show sponsor: John Deere
John Deere combines have many things in common, but each combine was designed for specific needs. Do any of these apply to you? You’re a fleet owner and want to reduce your fleet; your fields or harvest conditions require you to harvest high-moisture corn or tough-threshing small grains; you are running a fully optimized combine today and you need to get more done in a day; or you would also need to upgrade your header to get more capacity. Consider these factors and contact your dealer to determine the best option.
Learn more HERE.
Stress & Conflict Management Specialist | The Recovering Farmer
Gerry comes from a diverse background of experience, learning, and discovery. It would appear that he has never found his niche in life and loves talking about it. Never short on humor, because after all humor can be a cover-up for much deeper issues, Gerry is bound to share the stories, the experiences, the ups and downs of his life through stories, stories all of you will relate too. As a listener, the one thing you can be assured of is that you will find an applicable life lesson through what you hear. Lessons that will help you in bringing back a semblance of sanity to the crazy world we live in.
Connect with Gerry Friesen - Twitter / Linkedin / Website
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.