STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
In this week’s episode, Tracy speaks with Dick Wittman about “Farm HR Essentials.”
Episode 139: Farm HR Essentials w/Dick Wittman
Have you ever wondered what HR processes you should be incorporating on your farm? If so, today’s episode is for you.
In this episode, Tracy and Dick discuss:
- We discuss the importance of farm business management processes including some of the most important HR practices that farms should be following.
- When is the time to implement HR practices on your farm? Is this for “small” family farms with just a few family members farming, or is this only for large operations?
- We discuss implementing culture and how things such as core values can help align individuals on your farming operation.
- They discuss some of the core HR areas, including; job contracts, hiring family, firing family, wage reviews, and how to handle returning family members with a family participation policy.
- Dick then ties together the value of solid farm business practices and how this can help families transition their farm to the next generation much more successfully than those farms that do not have a strong business focus on their farm.
***Don't forget to sign up as an Impact Farming Insider so that you are first to know about all-new episodes, fantastic contests, and new promotions https://www.farmmarketer.com/impact_farming_show/sign-up
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
To learn more about Dick Wittman, his free resources, or his Building Effective Farm Management Systems Guidebook that is available for purchase, please visit: https://wittmanconsulting.com
Family Farm Business Consultant, Author, Editor
I am a firm believer in the preservation of the family farm as the preferred entity to manage and steward our food production industry. This belief has been a primary driver in motivating me to help family farmers adopt more professional management practices. Many struggling farmers are quick to blame government interference, low prices, uncooperative lenders, foreign subsidies or greedy and indiscreet neighbors for all their problems.
In fact, much of the blame in their failure to achieve full potential rests with their management system and practices. Improved performance, teamwork, and quality of life is easily attainable if one develops a clear vision of how to incorporate improved management practices and invest in the effort to change.
Connect with Dick Wittman - Website / LinkedIn / Twitter /
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.