STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 102: “Building Effective Farm Management Systems.” w/Dick Wittman
In this week’s episode, we speak to Dick Wittman about his guidebook, “Building Effective Farm Management Systems.”
Many struggling farmers are quick to blame government interference, low prices, uncooperative lenders, foreign subsidies or greedy and indiscreet neighbors for all their problems. Much of the blame in their failure to achieve full potential rests with their management system and practices. In fact, improved performance, teamwork, and quality of life is easily attainable if one develops a clear vision of how to incorporate improved management practices and invest in the effort to change.
Dick and Tracy discuss this loaded topic, Dick’s passion for helping farmers succeed, and why he created the guidebook. In this episode,
- Dick shares his background, and the experience gleaned from delivering over 30 years of his seminars on “Managing Business Relationships and Transitions on Family Farms.”
- Tracy asks Dick to share more about his guidebook, who it is meant for, and what subject materials are covers. Spoiler alert…it covers so many topics including; farm culture, planning, job description templates, compensation summaries, how to create farm procedures, communication, management systems, building effective farm relationships, and so much more. It is an operating manual for developing an effective farm business. (As we all know, effectively run companies make more money and have happier team members)
- Why a guidebook? He confides his frustration on how countless books, media articles, and speakers help raise awareness regarding problems related to family farms; however, his goal in developing the guidebook is not to simply discuss issues but to equip family farm businesses to implement solutions.
- Every farmer knows that time is money, so, Tracy asks the million-dollar question on every skeptical farmer's mind when it comes to implementing farm business practices….”How will this improve my farming operation?” “What is the return that I will see from learning and implementing tried, tested, and true farm management systems?”
Are you trying to improve your farm business management?
Are you looking for a ready to go toolkit that will offer commercial-sized family farm businesses with proven strategies for managing people, promoting teamwork, and assuring successful transition of the farm?
Transition planning on the horizon?
If so, you will not want to miss this week’s episode.
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Thank You To Our Show Sponsor
Here at The Impact Farming Show, our goal is to bring our audience the people and ideas that will IMPACT their farming operation. We couldn't do it without the continued support of our sponsors that are committed to supporting our show and our shared vision of helping farmers succeed.
Please take a moment to check out this week's show sponsor:
Smart Nutrition™: SMALL IN SIZE. BIG ON PERFORMANCE.
Smart Nutrition fertilizer products use Micronized Sulfur Technology (MST®) to supply crops with sulfur throughout the growing season. MST is a patented technology where the elemental sulfur source has been micronized, resulting in an average particle size of 15 micron. The small particle size allows for quicker elemental sulfur oxidation.
Learn more HERE.
This guidebook, developed in workbook format, leads you systematically through implementation of key management applications. The guidebook mirrors the process I’ve discussed over the last 30 years in my seminars on “Managing Business Relationships and Transitions on Family Farms.”
You can purchase the guidebook by visiting their website HERE
We will also be giving out a guidebook to one lucky listener, so <SIGN UP> now to become an Impact Insider, and you will automatically be entered in show contests.
Lectures and Workshops - Wittman Consulting provides lectures or workshops on topics related to financial management, management accounting, process improvement, family business governance, conflict resolution and succession planning. Learn More about Wittman Consulting <HERE>.
Family Farm Business Consultant, Author, Editor
In fact, much of the blame in their failure to achieve full potential rests with their management system and practices. Improved performance, teamwork, and quality of life is easily attainable if one develops a clear vision of how to incorporate improved management practices and invest in the effort to change.
Connect with Dick Wittman - Website / LinkedIn / Twitter /
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.