STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 208: Jacob Bueckert: So Many Opportunities In Agriculture
In this week’s first episode of #farmerchat on The Impact Farming Show, Tracy speaks with Jacob Bueckert from Driland Feeders in Warner, Alberta.
For anyone on social media, you will know Jacob as a Canadian farmer who is always ready with a sarcastic joke, laughter, and a kind word of encouragement. He is also always promoting the beef industry.
But what you don’t know about Jacob is his unbelievable life story. It’s a fascinating one.
In today’s chat:
- Jacob shares his life story that started in Mexico and involves an exciting movie-like immigration story from Mexico to the USA and then eventually from the United States to Alberta, Canada, where he now resides.
- Jacob shares how his family started with just a few cows, rented land, and grew his operation into a substantial feedlot operation with 30 employees. He shares about significant challenges, nearly calling it quits a few times, and the wins he has experienced over the years.
- Jacob shares about his family, personal tragedy, and how one tragic event, while devastating, has strengthened him, his relationships, and his faith.
- Tracy asks Jacob about the threats and opportunities he sees in the agriculture industry.
- Jacob shares his thoughts on what the agriculture industry should/could be doing differently.
- Tracy and Jacob wrap the episode up with a lightening round of personal questions, including books that have changed his life, the best and worst advice he has received, and what advice he would give the next generation looking to start farming.
You will not want to miss Jacob’s unbelievable story of faith, perseverance, and a love of agriculture.
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Author: Jocko Willink
Book Title: Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
Author: Stephen Covery
Book Title: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Show GuestJacob Bueckert
Feedlot operator, farming, cow calf, and anything business related |Chair of the Alberta Cattle Feeders Association
Connect with Jacob Bueckert - LinkedIn
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.
- Property Alerts
- Save your favourite properties
- And more!
Joining Farm Marketer is free, easy and you can opt out at any time.