STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 186: “Look Before You Leap Into A New Purchase” w/Art Lange
In this week’s episode, Tracy speaks with Art Lange about a timely and relevant topic “Look Before You Leap Into A New Purchase.”
In this episode, Tracy and Art speak about:
- Why this is such an important conversation for the agriculture industry, taking into account the current economic conditions we find ourselves in.
- Art shares the 3 CRITICAL factors that should be considered when making a new farm purchase. Don’t miss these wise words, as they can save you a lot of financial heartaches.
- They then dive into an equally important conversation about comfort zones and farm-family agreements regarding new purchases. Is everyone in agreement? Do compromises need to be made?
If you are a farmer with a sizeable purchase on the horizon, you will not want to miss this episode.
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Thank You To Our Show Sponsor
Here at The Impact Farming Show, our goal is to bring our audience the people and ideas that will IMPACT their farming operation. We couldn't do it without the continued support of our sponsors that are committed to supporting our show and our shared vision of helping farmers succeed.
Please take a moment to check out this week's show sponsor: Farm Credit Canada (FCC)
FCC Knowledge: Talking Farm and Food
Learn more here.
Show GuestArt Lange P.Ag., CAFA
AJL Consulting - Farm Business Management Consultant
The principal in AJL Consulting is Art Lange. He graduated from the University of Alberta with a B.Sc. (Ag) with an Animal Science major. Art has worked in many facets of the agriculture and food industry in Alberta and B.C. for almost 40 years. Those include stints in the farm machinery industry, feed industry, inspection work with the federal government, living and working on a hog farm, and selling veterinary medicines for a multi-national drug company.
Art worked for Alberta Agriculture for 20 years in the pork production area. For his last two years with the department Art coordinated groups of agri-industry people that were part of the Ag Summit process.
In April of 2004 Art started his own consulting business called AJL Consulting. From 2004 to 2009 he was a rostered farm financial consultant for the Canadian Farm Business Advisory Service (CFBAS) which was administered by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. Under that program, Art completed about 100 farm business plans. Since 2009 he has been concentrating on developing business plans for food processors and preparing farm succession plans. In total Art has completed over 200 farm business and succession plans and thus has a wide variety of experience in addressing most farm business opportunities and challenges.
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.
- Property Alerts
- Save your favourite properties
- And more!
Joining Farm Marketer is free, easy and you can opt out at any time.