IF 185: "Grain Marketing in Our Current Environment: March/April 2023 Update” w/David Derwin
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Podcast: iTunes / Spotify / Stitcher / Soundcloud / IHeartRadio
Episode 185: "Grain Marketing in Our Current Environment: March/April 2023 Update” w/David Derwin
In this week’s episode, Tracy speaks with David Derwin for our “Grain Marketing in Our Current Environment: March/April 2023 Update.”
In this conversation:
- David provides our audience with a full market outlook taking a look at past/present/future trending prices for a variety of commodities, including grain price index (wheat, corn, soybeans, oats), Bloomberg Commodity Index, Crude Oil Futures, Fertilizer & Grain spreads, Natural Gas Futures, Canola Futures, European Rapeseed, Malaysian Palm Oil, New Crop Corn Futures and so much more.
- David and Tracy chat about how this all relates to and impacts grain marketing decisions.
- Tracy asks David what farmers can proactively do about market outlook trends and concerns.
- David shares some of the marketing strategies that he is currently working on with farmers.
If you are a grain farmer concerned about the markets, you will not want to miss this valuable episode.
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Thank You To Our Show Sponsor
Here at The Impact Farming Show, our goal is to bring our audience the people and ideas that will IMPACT their farming operation. We couldn't do it without the continued support of our sponsors that are committed to supporting our show and our shared vision of helping farmers succeed.
Please take a moment to check out this week's show sponsor: Farm Credit Canada (FCC)
FCC Knowledge: Talking Farm and Food
Learn more here.
Commodity Portfolio Manager with PI Financial
Beginning in 1995 on the trading floor of the Winnipeg Commodity Exchange, David’s experience spans over 25 years working with individual, corporate & institutional clients at multinational and boutique investment firms.
At PI Financial Corp., one of the largest independent investment & commodity futures advisers in Canada, he helps farmers implement options & futures revenue management programs to provide the downside protection they need and the upside potential they want, all without committing grain for physical delivery. These hedging services are an integral part of a farm’s overall marketing plan to manage both price and production risks as well as opportunities.
Connect with David Derwin - LinkedIn / Twitter / Website
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.
Connect with Tracy Brunet - Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / Linked in