STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 180: “Farm Leader Development - Unleashing The Untapped Potential On Your Farming Operation" w/Kelly Dobson
In this week’s episode, Tracy speaks with Kelly Dobson, from LeaderShift Inc., about “Farm Leader Development.”
Are you looking to maximize your farm’s performance? If so, look no further than you….the farm operator. That’s right. Canadian farms are high-tech and use the best inputs, equipment, agronomy advice, and technology; however, a majority of farms haven’t yet tapped their personal competitive advantage to achieve more with the resources they already have.
In this episode, Tracy and Kelly speak about:
- Why leadership for farmers?
- Kelly shares more about the “National Farm Leadership Program” and its goals.
- He speaks about the program's growth and success and shares that the farmer coaching aspect of the program has skyrocketed in demand.
- Tracy asks the million-dollar question, “Why coaching for farmers?” Kelly shares his thoughts, experiences, and the science behind professional leader development and coaching for farmers.
- The 2023 “National Farm Leadership Program” is about to launch. Kelly shares more information on this year’s program and encourages anyone interested to reach out before the fast-approaching application deadline ends on January 18, 2023.
- Kelly wraps the episode up by sharing wisdom on the power locked within each farmer and the ability of leader development and coaching to bring that personal competitive advantage to the farm’s bottom line.
Are you interested in improving your personal/family relationships, growing your farm operation, and achieving results you haven’t seen before? If so, you will not want to miss this episode.
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
National Farm Leadership Program - REGISTER HERE
Don’t Wait….Program application period ends on January 18, 2023
Chief Leadership Officer - LeaderShift Inc.
Kelly Dobson is the chief leadership officer of LeaderShift Inc., powering the National Farm Leadership Program initiated by Farm Management Canada for farmers and farm advisors in January 2020. He has a life long interest in teams and how effective leadership can create results greater than the sum of individual efforts. Striving to create that leadership dynamic is what excites Kelly to do this work.
Kelly is also the current leader of a four-generation farm at Fairfax, Manitoba. His two-plus decades of tenure has given him direct experience with family business dynamics and managing through cyclical markets. Kelly has also chaired agricultural groups provincially and federally.
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.