IF 175: “Grain Marketing in Our Current Environment” w/ David Derwin
Friday, October 28, 2022
STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Podcast: iTunes / Spotify / Stitcher / Soundcloud / IHeartRadio
Episode 175: “Grain Marketing in Our Current Environment” w/ David Derwin
In today’s episode, Tracy chats with David Derwin about “Grain Marketing in Our Current Environment: Fall Update.”
Are you curious how things are shaping up in the grain markets in 2022?
If so, you will not want to miss this conversation where Tracy and David chat about:
- Whether or not farmers have been able to take advantage of the high grain prices throughout April, May & June?
- They chat about the factors that held farmers back from capturing those high prices.
- They chat about whether or not farmers have priced or protected as much grain as they typically would like to by this time of year.
- Tracy asks David, “Overall, how has the marketing year been so far?”
- He shares his thoughts on next year's 2023 crop marketing.
- David shares some final words of wisdom and thoughts on how farmers can learn more and take action.
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
CLICK HERE to Sign Up
Receive your complimentary "CME Group Grain Options Risk Management Guide" when you sign up.
Thank You To Our Show Sponsor
Here at The Impact Farming Show, our goal is to bring our audience the people and ideas that will IMPACT their farming operation. We couldn't do it without the continued support of our sponsors that are committed to supporting our show and our shared vision of helping farmers succeed.
Please take a moment to check out this week's show sponsor: Xplore
The whole family can start enjoying fast, Wireless Home Internet with truly unlimited data.
With our coverage areas continuously expanding, more Canadians in rural communities are switching to our Fixed Wireless Internet service. Xplore Wireless Home Internet gives your whole household the upload speeds they need for things like online gaming and video calls, plus the download speeds they want for streaming video.
Get FAST Internet and truly UNLIMITED data HERE.
Commodity Portfolio Manager with PI Financial
Beginning in 1995 on the trading floor of the Winnipeg Commodity Exchange, David’s experience spans over 25 years working with individual, corporate & institutional clients at multinational and boutique investment firms.
At PI Financial Corp., one of the largest independent investment & commodity futures advisers in Canada, he helps farmers implement options & futures revenue management programs to provide the downside protection they need and the upside potential they want, all without committing grain for physical delivery. These hedging services are an integral part of a farm’s overall marketing plan to manage both price and production risks as well as opportunities.
Connect with David Derwin - LinkedIn / Twitter / Website
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.
Connect with Tracy Brunet - Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / Linked in