STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 80: Grain Marketing in Uncertain Times
In this week’s episode, “Marketing Grain in Uncertain Times,” Tracy speaks with Dave Reimann.
Join Tracy and Dave in this three-part interview as they take a look at the current farming economy and discuss why now, more than ever, farmers need to be marketing their grain as the key strategy to unlocking higher profits on their farming operation. They discuss the obstacles that farmers often face when it comes to marketing their grain, and why these common behaviors tend to cause farmers to freeze up and miss securing higher prices for their grain. Dave gives actionable advice on how farmers can overcome the fears that are associated with grain marketing. It is these same fears that hold farmers back and cause missed revenue opportunities.
They round the interview off with a lively discussion about the power of an advisor, and how even the best at their craft use a coach to train, mentor and improve their performance. Dave asks a million-dollar question to get farmers thinking: “What if Tiger Woods didn’t have a coach?” Where would he be?
Are you interested in unlocking higher profits on your farm? If so, you won’t want to miss this lively discussion between Tracy and Dave.
Here is what you’ll learn in this segment:
Part #1 – Grain Marketing in Uncertain Times
- Dave walks us through what is happening in the world and how these variables are wreaking havoc on the markets.
- They chat about each of the main commodities — canola, barley, wheat, corn, and soybeans — and Dave shares his thoughts on where we are at and why.
- Tracy asks Dave to put his wizard cap on and share what’s in store for farmers in 2020 and 2021. His answer is the exact reason why farmers need to create a grain marketing plan.
With all the variables that we cannot control, which seems like almost everything these days, learning how to market your grain is truly the key to unlocking higher profits for what you already grow.
Dave is one of the best at what he does, and we are so happy that he joined us on “The Impact Farming Show.” Thank you, Dave!
Want to view the other videos of this episode, you can watch them here:
Part #2 – Overcoming Fear to Make Better Decisions
Part #3 – The Power of an Advisor
Are you interested in the program that Dave and Tracy discussed in this week's episode? The program is Cargill MarketSense™.
What is MarketSense™? Most consulting programs offer a one-size-fits-all solution, and they fail to recognize the specific challenges facing individual clients. Cargill MarketSense™ program is different. It's the only grain marketing program with customers across North America that is completely customized to the specific needs of your farm.
For more information on this program, please visit www.cargillag.ca
If you are interested in some free resources to help you with your grain marketing, please consider signing up for the MarketSense™ Grain Marketing Academy. The MarketSense™ Grain Marketing Academy offers free online lessons based on a short quiz that tailors lessons based on your level of knowledge and comfort with grain marketing.
To sign up for the MarketSense™ Grain Marketing Academy Click here
* Disclaimer - MarketSense™ is a registered trademark of Cargill, Incorporated, used under license. © 2020, Cargill Limited. All Rights Reserved. Contract terms apply. Information provided is general in nature and is provided without guarantee as to results. MarketSense provides information on price landscape but is not intended to be, and should not be construed as, trading, financial, legal or tax advice. No warranty is made with regard to the information or results obtained by its use. Cargill Limited, it subsidiaries and affiliates disclaim any liability arising out of your use of, or reliance on, the information.
* *Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from a qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Cargill MarketSense™ Market Analyst
Dave Reimann is a Risk Manager for Cargill MarketSense™ program. He has been working in the Canadian grain industry for more than 40 years, with most of that time spent on commodity futures and options trade and analysis.
In that time, he has worked with grain companies, overseas importers, food and feed processors, commodity funds, investment banks, and venture capital funds. Dave uses a mix of fundamental and technical analysis to identify important market trends as well as risk management strategies.
He examines ag markets, as well as global energy and currency markets in order to determine the impact on Canadian grain and oilseed prices. In his current role, Dave helps show farmers how to succeed in marketing, regardless of price trends, weather or policy changes.
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.