STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 214: "Black Swans, Gray Rhino & Roller Coaster Farm Economics" w/Dr. David Kohl
You have likely heard about Black Swan events and their disruptive force on the marketplace. But have you heard of Grey Rhino events?
This week, Tracy speaks to Dr. David Kohl in this episode titled “Black Swans, Gray Rhino & Roller Coaster Farm Economics.”
You will definitely want to tune into this informative and eye-opening episode.
In this conversation, Tracy and Dr. David Kohl speak about:
- How we are going through a period of roller-coaster economics and what this means for producers
- He shares the most significant opportunities he sees for agriculture producers right now.
- Dr. David Kohl then shares a 30,000-foot view of what he sees as the biggest threats to agriculture now and in the very near future.
- Dr. Kohl is known to include a slide in his presentations about “Black Swan” events. Tracy asks him to share more about a black swan event and if he sees anything looming on the horizon. He answers and then shares how he is worried about a Gray Rhino event. What’s that, you may ask? Tune in to find out…
- What are some of the biggest mistakes he sees agriculture producers making? He shares his thoughts.
- With each year, the World and farming become more volatile. Tracy asks Dr. Kohl what he thinks producers should do to make their operation the strongest it can be.
- Tracy asks Dr. Kohl the lightning round of questions to help our audience get to know him better. Listen to his top book recommendations, the best life advice he has received, and words of wisdom for our audience.
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
Dr. David Kohl
Academic Hall of Famer in the College of Agriculture at Virginia Tech
Dr. Kohl is a retired Professor Emeritus of Agricultural Finance and Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA. He taught in the Agricultural and Applied Economics Department for 25 years.
Dr. Kohl currently energizes agricultural lenders, producers, and business people with his keen insight into the agricultural industry gained through extensive travel, research, and exposure during his career. He has traveled over 9 million miles in his career; conducted more than 6,000 workshops and seminars for agricultural audiences; published more than 2,100 articles; writes for leading publications; and has been inducted into the Virginia Tech College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Hall of Fame. Dr. Kohl’s personal involvement with agriculture and interaction with key industry players provide a unique perspective into future trends of the agricultural industry and economy.
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.
- Property Alerts
- Save your favourite properties
- And more!
Joining Farm Marketer is free, easy and you can opt out at any time.