STREAM PODCAST LIVE
All our episodes are available on the following popular audio and video destinations:
Episode 207: Agriculture Policy: ESGs, Land & Water Rights, Attack on Animal Agriculture & Fertilizer Reduction Requirements
In this week’s episode, Tracy speaks with Chrissy Wozniak from North American Ag about agriculture policy.
Many farmers cannot help but notice that agriculture and our farming practices are increasingly in the spotlight with each passing day.
We all see and hear the headlines.
Sustainability, ESGs, property rights, water and wildlife preservation efforts, carbon concerns, fertilizer reductions, animal rights, lab-grown "meats", plant-based “meats,” and the list goes on and on.
Being in the public eye, and the constant uncertainty that comes from being in the spotlight, has many farmers concerned about the future of farming.
Tracy and Chrissy tackle many of these subjects in a great conversation about policy and its growing impact on agriculture.
In this episode:
- Chrissy shares more about her platform, her mission, and why agriculture policy has become an ever-increasing passion for her personally and professionally.
- She shares more about American Agri Women, her involvement, and the work this group of amazing women is doing to represent the best interests of the agriculture industry with our elected officials.
- Tracy and Chrissy chat about how there are several agriculture policies with growing momentum right now and how many of these policies are not even on the radar for most farmers. In this episode, Chrissy focuses on four policies that every farmer should know about.
- Have you heard of ESGs? Many farmers have not. ESG stands for Environmental, Social, and Governance, and Chrissy shares how this impacts our industry.
- As farmers, the land is near and dear to our hearts; without it, we cannot farm. Chrissy shares more about property and water rights policies and encroachments that have been and are currently making waves in the USA and around the World.
- For anyone involved in the agriculture industry, it is no surprise when Chrissy shares that there is an attack on animal agriculture. Between PETA, vegans, and other animal rights activists…animal agriculture has been in the public eye for many years. However, Chrissy goes on to share that our current threats may be coming from within the government. You will not want to miss this.
- Last but not least are fertilizer restrictions. This topic made headlines a while back with the government’s declaration that farmers must reduce their fertilizer usage by 30%. While the conversation seems to have died down for now, this battle is far from over.
- Chrissy shares some final parting thoughts on agriculture policy and whether or not farmers should be concerned. She also shares a few tips for farmers if they want to learn more or get involved.
If you are a farmer, you don’t want to miss this episode.
* Disclaimer - As always, this information is not intended to provide business or medical advice. To ensure that your own circumstances have been properly considered and that action is taken based on the latest information available, you should obtain professional advice from qualified business or medical professionals before acting on any of the information in this post.
North American Ag
Show GuestChrissy Wozniak
Founder of North American Ag, Show Host of North American Ag, Spotlight, and What Color is Your Tractor?
Chrissy Wozniak is the host of the North American Ag Spotlight & What Color is Your Tractor. Chrissy has served the ag industry in sales & marketing throughout her career, her experience & love of the industry has lead her to create the North American Ag platform and become the host of it's two podcasts - The North American Ag Spotlight & What Color is Your Tractor.
Find your next listen in our Best of Ag Podcast Library, where we have curated the best agriculture podcasts from across North America. Searchable by name, host or topic - listen right on the page, or find links to the show on your favorite platform.
The Impact Farming Show
Welcome to Impact Farming, Farm Marketer's video and audio show dedicated to helping Canadian farmers excel in the business of farming. Our goal with this show is to introduce our audience to the people and ideas that are going to make an IMPACT on their farming operation.
Show Host - Tracy Brunet
CEO of Farm Marketer
Tracy and her husband are cattle ranchers in South East, Manitoba. As host of the show, primary producer and agvocate, Tracy is passionate about helping farmers succeed in the business of farming.
In each episode, Tracy chats with today's most successful farm advisors and industry leaders to bring our audience the best and most important ideas.
- Property Alerts
- Save your favourite properties
- And more!
Joining Farm Marketer is free, easy and you can opt out at any time.